Wednesday, March 23, 2016

March 24 2016 Assignment

Here are your tasks:
  1. Listening: Report Cards
    1. What words or phrases were hard to understand at first?
    2. What surprising pronunciation rules did you discover?
  • suppose (verb): do what you should do based on rules or expectations
    - I was supposed to turn in my homework today, but I forgot to bring it.
  • butter up (verb): to flatter with the purpose of getting something
    - It is no use trying to butter her up. She won't forget that YOU forgot to call her on her birthday last week.
  • blow up (verb): to get angry suddenly
    - My dad blew up when he found out I failed two classes.
  • trip up (verb): to cause to make mistakes
    - The first question on the test tripped me up, and I lost my concentration on the rest of the test.
  • ace (verb): do very well on an assignment or test
    - I can't believe she aced the test because she didn't study much last night.
  • no sweat (idiom): no problem, something that is easy to do
    - I'll get a perfect score on the chemistry test. No sweat.
  • pass out (phrasal verb): give something to each member of a group
    - The teacher passed out the assignment at the end of class.
  • bright (adjective): smart or intelligent
    - There are plenty of bright straight A students in that class.
  • tooth decay (noun): the gradual process of the tooth going bad, sometimes caused by poor dental care and eating habits
    - Eating too many sweets and not brushing your teeth will cause tooth decay.
  • straight (adverb): immediately or directly
    - I usually go straight home after work to have dinner with my family.



  1. Vocabulary: Punishment
    1. What new words did you learn?
    2. What new ways can you use those new words in?

  1. Role Play: On the Fringes of Society
    1. What new meaning and pronunciation items did you learn?
    2. What do your partners say when you check your reading with them?
    3. How did your Audioboom.com recording with your partner go? What about your classmates'?


No comments:

Post a Comment