Friday, March 25, 2016

March 30 2016 Presentation: The Most Valuable Harvest to Canada

The Most Valuable Harvest to Canada

About three months ago, I came to Canada from China. I finished my business and  reunited my family. I hope enjoy fresh air and green foods, maybe have new friends, new holidays, and relax life. 
In my imagination, mastering English should be very easy if I am in the English environment. But I was wrong. In the first few weeks of Linc class, I couldn't understand teacher's lectures, and so many new words and idioms need to learn and keep in mind. I felt I was a deaf person  and understood from my eyes rather  than from my ears. I am grateful to my teacher and classmates for helping me. I told myself I must become an active language learner. After school, I learned from TV, radio, recipe, label, textbooks. Now, I can understand teacher's said basically in the class. But I know, Learning a foreign language is very difficult to adults, if I want to study English well, I must spend a lot of time  to work hard. Different language, different culture made me bewildering.
Problem situation ranged from the silly to the serious, they included finding a good school for kids, researching  doctors and hospital in a new location, finding a good place to get a haircut. They became everyday activities.
My friends often asked me: What is your feeling of Canada?
I told them this is a place to meet life's challenge. Many parents came to Canada for children's education. In China, the kids are studying under high strength and high pressure.  Parents  thought study in Canada maybe relax. But  now, in my opinion, if you want to study well in Canada, you have to work harder than in china. I read a report about students of high school some days ago. It said, in order to go to famous university, many high school students only have four hours to sleep everyday. It's very crazy!
So, I think coming to Canada maybe is a change of your life. The change can be risky, but it also presents opportunities to grow emotionally and linguistically and in many other ways. I think independent personality, re self-discovery,finding true interests and hobbies are the most valuable harvest.   



No comments:

Post a Comment