Wednesday, March 30, 2016

March 30 2016 Assignment

Here are your tasks:
  1. Role play by yourself and then with a partner: Working Part-Time Jobs
    1. Rewrite the dialogue with your partner, keeping the words in bold.
    2. Publish your new dialogue with audio on your blogs.

  2. Check out this page and take notes.
    1. Compare your notes with a partner, and ask your partner 5 questions from your notes.
    2. Check out your 5 positions from yesterday’s work (Task 3), and identify one to write a resume for.

1.Role play by yourself and then with a partner: Working Part-Time Jobs

      1.Rewrite the dialogue with your partner, keeping the words in bold.

         Luisa: Are you still here? I thought you got off at 3:00. 
                   Why didn't  you  get off yet? It's 4:00.         

         Max: I picked up a second shift. I could use the money.
                  For the money could used, the second shift I wanted to pick up.  

         Luisa: But I thought you had another part-time job in the evenings. 
             But I remembered that you have an another part-time job in the evening. 

         Max: I normally do, but the restaurant where I work has been cutting back my hours,           so I’m trying to pick up as many extra shifts here as I can. 
      The restaurant of my part-time job often cut back my hours, so I must pick up             the extra shifts in here.

         Luisa: And don’t you work at the amusement park on the weekend?
                  Do you still have the part-time at amusement park this weekend? 

         Max: I do half the year, but it’s winter and the park only keeps a skeleton crew on                 during these months. In the meantime, I’m working for a temp agency, which gives               me short-term assignments. 
      Now, I have an another short-term job to working for a temp agency. Because               It's winter and the park only keep a skeleton crew.

         Luisa: I don’t know how you juggle all these jobs.
                   I think all the jobs juggled you. 

         Max: I have no choice. I have to piece together an income if I want to pay rent. 
       I can only piece together an income for my rent.

         Luisa: Have you ever thought about going back to school to qualify for other work,               something full-time?
                   Do you want to go back school to qualify for full-time job?

         Max: Sure, all the time. I’d like a better job, one with benefits and a reliable salary
        I would like a good job with benefits and a reliable salary all through.

           Luisa: What’s stopping you?
                  Why don't you beginning?
                  

         Max: I have to pay for something called “food,” and I haven’t met my fairy
            godmother yet! 
                 I will have no money to paying rent and food if I back to school to qualify for work.
            So, I hope my fairy godmother appear.
                  

      2. Publish your new dialogue with audio on your blogs.








No comments:

Post a Comment